I just uploaded a picture of Larry Shields- "The Final Chapter"

  • Linda
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2005
      I just uploaded a picture of Larry Shields tombstone from a cemetery in
      New Orleans where i took the picture when i was on a vacation there-
      Shields died in the Los Angeles area but was buried in the family plot
      in New Orleans.What is interesting is that the caretaker of the
      cemetery told me vandals using a sledge hammer knocked off the top part
      of the tombstone marker and then broke it into small pieces-I thought
      this odd because it did not seem a random act of some vandals just
      randomly destroying markers in a cemetery because i looked around the
      cemetery and Shields was the only tombstone that was damaged- The
      caretaker told me it was definitely not a random act- Somebody used a
      hammer to try to destroy the marker- Who and Why???In the picture i
      uploaded you will notice the name of the Shields relative above his
      name is missing. It was on the part of the marker that got knocked off-
      Whoever it was they were born in 1853 and died at the age of 94.So
      Shields apparently had some relatives who lived long lives- Into their
      90's at least- Linda