Re: Jelly air takes

  • Jorge Fernandez
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 3, 2008
      This source is not for free.
      I use it in a monthly basis. I have found nice compilations there.

      http://www.emusic.com/artist/Jelly-Roll-Morton-MP3-
      Download/10561382.html

      (You can look arround and listen audio clips without paying.)

      --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, Mordechai Litzman <folke613@...>
      wrote:

      > Thanks for the info, which also lists the personnel. It looks like
      these two air shots are Jelly's very last recordings. Did find one
      more air shot of Jelly from Oct 31, 1939 of Tiger Rag on WABC. Is
      this recording available on the Internet?

      > ________________________________

      Of
      > Lower Basin Street" at,
      >
      > http://www.doctorja zz.co.uk/ page15.html
      >
      > Marco Romano.
      >
      > --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogro ups.com, Mordechai Litzman <folke613@ .>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Came across two air takes of Jelly Roll Morton from 1940. Did not
      > know that there were recordings of radio programs with him. The
      first
      > one, Winin' Boy is a solo; the second recording with a band. Does
      > anybody know the personnel?
      > > Are there any more recordings of Jelly from radio broadcasting?
      > > (It appears that the notes on YouTube are incorrect about the end
      > of Jelly's life.)
      > >

      > > http://www.youtube com/watch? v=3H-tu5urYFA& NR=1
      > >
      > > http://www.youtube com/watch? v=58M7YUAIqc0
      > >
      > > 210
      > > 876

    • Marco Romano
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 4, 2008
        You can get a nice version of the Chamber Music Society of Lower
        Basin Street "Winin' Boy Blues" and "King Porter Stomp" from here,

        http://otrcat.com/chamber-music-society-basin-p-2094.html

        The CD is in MP3 format.

        You can check with your record dealer for the "Tiger Rag" airshot.

        Marco Romano.