Re: Donald Rag, Dallas Rag

  • Tommer
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 27, 2008
      --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, Mordechai Litzman <folke613@...>
      wrote:

      > A little diversion from the economical woes....
      >
      > Hot off the press - added yesterday. Does it sound like Clifford
      Hayes' Jug Band?

      > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1X_bcKn6z2s
      >
      > Couldn't resist another tune from the same session - Dallas Rag
      >
      > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGjvGFisL78

      Good to see contemporary artists playing music.
      I wonder whether or not members would like to discuss the Spengler
      cyclic theory and the arts. Especially as many of the music we adore
      was based on improvisations and melodys that were created in the 19th
      century, work songs, "coon" melodys, etc. It was good for the melodic
      1920's, it might be good today to have a cyclic return!
      Tommer
    • Tommer
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 1, 2008

        > No, it doesn┬╣t sound like Clifford, but it is very good fun. Thanks
        > Mordechai.
        >
        > And here:
        >
        > <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vw7LSGVhsLo>
        >
        > you can see Meredith Axelrod playing guitar and jug simultaneously
        and can
        > actually hear the fiddler.

        I like it! I wish to see stuff like that on live shows. Keep on
        bringing it up where were anybody disappeared? Sorry, I dont have much
        to contribute. But I'd like to know more about it and put in in my list
        of future purchases, of course, first thing when I have new job will be
        to purchase lotsa stuff.
        Tommer