Re: Where Was Mitchell Parish Born? More Information

  • Albert Haim
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 25, 2008
      Many thanks to Bob Eagle who provided the following information

      Norddeutscher Lloyd Bremen Steamship Company
      List or Manifest of Alien Immigrants for the Commissioner of Migration
      SS Dresden Sailing from Bremen Jan 19, 1901 Arriving at Port of New
      York Feb 3, 1901

      Rose Parsilinsky, age 30, female, married, no occupation, nationality
      Russian, last residence Piloiszki, final destination NY, passage
      paid by husband, joining husband at 839 Bank St. NY

      Michel Parsilinski age 7 months, other information same as mother

      1910 US Census Manhattan Cherry Street

      Michael Parish age 9 living with father Meyer, mother Rose, sister
      Esther (age 6) and brother Harry (age 1). Meyer, Rose and Michael born
      in Russia. Esther and Harry born in New York.

      WWI Draft Registration card

      Michael Parish 281 Monroe St. NY, born July 10, 1900 in Russia,
      working as stenographer at 141 5th Ave., nearest relative mother Rose
      Parish, tall, medium built, blue eyes, brown hair.

      1927 Certificate of Nationalization

      Michael Hyman Parish age 27, lives with wife and daughter at 1665
      Monroe Avenue

      List of Inbound Passengers SS Liberte (First Class)
      Left Le Havre France June 26, 1951
      Arrived New York July 2, 1951
      Michael Parish Age 51, single, born in Lithuania, living at 1619
      Broadway, NY NY

      I looked up the SSDI and found

      Mitchell Parish, born July 10, 1900, died March 31, 1993 in New York
      NY 10022

      Albert