Jelly Roll Morton banjo player?

  • marcolevi12
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 12, 2008
      Hello. There is stated in "Red Hot Jazz Archives" that J.R. Morton
      plays banjo in "Mr. Jelly Lord", by "J.R. Morton's Incomparables". Is
      it true or a mistake? I have carefully listened to this recording, but
      it seems to me that no banjo is here. Could anybody explane this
      mistery. Thank you for answering. Marco
    • Gilber M. Erskine
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 12, 2008
        Rust has Jelly Roll Morton's Incomparables MR, JELLY LORD [Gennett 3259, 02/23/06] with Ray Bowling on multiple instruments, including banjo.
        ----GILBERT M. ERSKINE

      • levi.marco@libero.it
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 12, 2008