Re: Irving Aaronson

  • Epistrophy
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 9, 2008
      Coon-Sanders was a very successful band throughout the 1920s, and their recordings are pretty easily found on CD now. I like the Challenge Records collection, "The Best of Coon-Sanders: 1924-1932". Carleton Coon and Joe Sanders founded the band in 1919 and it lasted until about 1932 when Coon died. There's also a good book by Fred Edmiston called "The Coon-Sanders Nighthawks: The Band That Made Radio Famous".

      - Todd

    • David Weiner
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 10, 2008
        All of Coon-Sanders recordings, including unissued tracks and recordings
        made for radio, were issued a few years ago on four CDs from The Old
        Masters.

        Dave W.