Charleston Chasers - Red Hot Henry Brown

  • Mordechai Litzman
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 27, 2008
      Came across this great 1925 recording of a Red Nichols group, and since it is not available on RHJA I am posting the link.

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0CESV82fJs

      Surprisingly good fidelity for 8-1925!

      3543

    • All Temperature Moi
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 5, 2008
        This is also the first song on Timeless' "The Charleston Chasers Vol. I". According to Hans Eekhof's liner notes, Columbia had upgraded to electrical recording equipment that very month. No wonder the fidelity is great! Although, Red Nichols led most of the Charleston Chasers sessions through 1928, he was apparently not present for this first one. I agree with Mr. Eekhof that this solo by Miff Mole's is ones of his best. A great side to be sure. I can not recommend the Timeless collection highly enough.

        Joshua
        aka DJ Algonquin