Re: Welcome Linda

  • Linda
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2005
      --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "David Brown" <johnhaleysims@y...>
      wrote:
      > Welcome Linda
      >
      > Yes I see Bill behind you, leg across knee as ever. I also see you
      on his
      > knee. What date would that have been ? He looks pretty old by then.
      A great
      > player and great hero of mine. Also a real character. Do you have
      any Bill
      > stories ? Bud was also a character, although very, very
      different.The
      > picture of Johnny De Droit is very interesting. How did this come
      to be
      > taken ? Also, I had no idea Chris Kelly was in the army.

      The pic of me singing with the Monrovia Jazz band with Wild Bill and
      the picture of me on his knee was taken at the 2nd Burbank Jazz
      Festival in the 1980's.I sang Creole Love Call with the band.The
      picture of me and Bud Freeman was taken in the mid 1980's at the Los
      Angeles Classic Jazz Festival.My husband, Tim, took the picture of
      Johnny Dedroit in New Orleans at Dedroit's home when Tim visited him
      in 1983.My husband also took the picture of Chris Kelly's grave when
      he was in New Orleans because a musician at preservation hall told
      him Kelly was buried in a military cemetery and Tim called the
      cemetery and got the location- Buddy Bolden's son is also in the same
      cemetery.