Re: [RedHotJazz] Re: shopworn sentimentalism (was Bob Fuller musicians and recording)

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 5, 2008
      Yes, but. Do any of the dates that need to be revised have any existence
      outside the alternative reality Jelly and his sisters apparently created?

      I think the earliest Morton copyright (Jelly Roll Blues) is from 1915. Am I
      wrong?

      > Just briefly, it occurs to me that, if you believe the 1890 birth
      > date for Jelly Roll, you're going to have to scramble and come up
      > with a lot of new dates for his compositions.
      > Sorry to make a long post like this. Take care, everyone. Bob

    • Bob Mates
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 5, 2008
        Well, 1915 would work, no matter when he was born. I wonder if
        any of the older jazz books, say JAZZMEN by fredick Ramsey, ever
        gave a birth date for him. I read that book when I was a child,
        but haven't seen it anywhere for years. Bob