help please with music

  • ibflippy
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 2, 2008
      I'm looking for Hal Denman and his Carolina Cotton Pickers
      recordings... specifically ones recorded at Gennet in Richmond Indiana.
      My Great Grandfather, Walter Sparks, played piano. Later he played with
      my other Great Grandfather, Homer VanDee Shaffer, in the Homer Shaffer
      orchestra. The years he played with Hal Denman was 1931-1932. The
      Pirate Entertainers was another group my G.Grandpa played in in 1924.
      Any and all help with photos/info/music is GREATly appreciated.

      Thank You,
      Troy Sparks
    • Ron L
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 3, 2008
        You may find it helpful to join 78-C a buy-sell group for 78s or even the
        78list, a mailing list for 78/cylinder collectors.

        Ron L