Re: [RedHotJazz] New Two-CD Set "The Influence of Bi x Beiderbecke"

  • Gilber M. Erskine
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 11, 2008
      Albert--- Thanks for posting the notice. I probably have all of the US items but I certainly would like to hear the European stuff. And it would be nice to have it all collected in a 2-CD set.
      I think it was Rust some 30 -40 years ago who called attention to the immediate influence Bix had on Sterling Bose. Rust pointed out that the first Arcadian Seranader sided Bose did were white New Orleans style, but then after Bose heard Bix at St Louis' Arcadian Ballroom he changed dramatically, using Bix' phrasing in ensemble passages.
      I just emailed Nick Dellow to order the CS set.
      ----------GILBERT M. ERSKINE