I am new to the group and i just uploaded 3 pictures to share

  • Linda
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2005
      Hi-My name is Linda- i am new to the group and i just uploaded 3
      pictures to the "photos" section of me and the "chicagoans" to share
      with the group--One picture is of me singing with a band that includes
      Wild Bill Davison, another is a pic of me with Wild Bill and another is
      a pic of me with Bud Freeman.
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 1, 2005
        Welcome Linda

        Yes I see Bill behind you, leg across knee as ever. I also see you on his
        knee. What date would that have been ? He looks pretty old by then. A great
        player and great hero of mine. Also a real character. Do you have any Bill
        stories ? Bud was also a character, although very, very different.The
        picture of Johnny De Droit is very interesting. How did this come to be
        taken ? Also, I had no idea Chris Kelly was in the army.

        Anyway, many thanks for your interesting input.

      • Linda
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 1, 2005
          --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "David Brown" <johnhaleysims@y...>
          wrote:
          > Welcome Linda
          >
          > Yes I see Bill behind you, leg across knee as ever. I also see you
          on his
          > knee. What date would that have been ? He looks pretty old by then.
          A great
          > player and great hero of mine. Also a real character. Do you have
          any Bill
          > stories ? Bud was also a character, although very, very
          different.The
          > picture of Johnny De Droit is very interesting. How did this come
          to be
          > taken ? Also, I had no idea Chris Kelly was in the army.

          The pic of me singing with the Monrovia Jazz band with Wild Bill and
          the picture of me on his knee was taken at the 2nd Burbank Jazz
          Festival in the 1980's.I sang Creole Love Call with the band.The
          picture of me and Bud Freeman was taken in the mid 1980's at the Los
          Angeles Classic Jazz Festival.My husband, Tim, took the picture of
          Johnny Dedroit in New Orleans at Dedroit's home when Tim visited him
          in 1983.My husband also took the picture of Chris Kelly's grave when
          he was in New Orleans because a musician at preservation hall told
          him Kelly was buried in a military cemetery and Tim called the
          cemetery and got the location- Buddy Bolden's son is also in the same
          cemetery.