New member

  • Robert Greenwood
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 23, 2004
      My name is Robert Greenwood. Residing in the UK. My tastes and interests in jazz may be gleaned if I list some (fairly) recent CD purchases. Jack Purvis triple CD set on Jazz Oracle; Bunny Berigan 5 CD set on JSP; Thumpin’ and Bumpin’ anthology on Frog, including sessions by Cecil Scott’s Bright Boys, Bubber Miley and his Mileage Makers, and Dave Nelson’s Harlem Highlights; Jimmy O’Bryant – Mystery Man of Jazz, also on Frog; the four volumes of The Harlem Hamfats on Document; Paul Barnes and His Polo Players on American Music; CDs by Jimmy Blythe and The State Street Ramblers on Document; The Georgians on Retrieval.

      Please note these are recent CD purchases, not necessarily recent CD issues.

    • Tony Bradley
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 7, 2008
        Hi everyone,

        I have just joined the group and I look forward to dicussing and
        learning more about early jazz, of which I know something, but not
        enough. I do present an occasional radio show on dance bands and big
        bands on a local station here in the UK. Certainly I love the music.
        Johnny Dodds is a real favourite.

        Kind regards to all

        Tony Bradley