Re: [RedHotJazz] Re: Tommy Ladnier (was re: Hughes Panassie}

    Message 1 of 44 , Jul 1, 2008
      The later Sam Wooding sessions from Barcelona are not certain examples of Ladnier's playing, but he was definitely on the 1925 sides recorded in Berlin. Later on, there are the 1932 sides with Bechet's NO Feetwarmers and of course the 1938 PanassiƩ sessions already mentioned here. He was also on some of the sides recorded by Noble Sissle around 1930. Ladnier also participated in the "From Spirituals to Swing" concert of 1938, but the sides recorded on the occasion are frustratingly short (about 2 minutes apiece).

      Ihre Messenger, Communities und E-Mails jetzt in einem Programm!
      WEB.DE MultiMessenger http://www.produkte.web.de/messenger/?did=3071
    • Mordechai Litzman
      Message 44 of 44 , Jul 3, 2008
        Growing up in Sweden I met Orjan Kjellin (and Lars Ivar Edegran, p) in 1962 playing in the Imperial Band. This band was modeled on the early American revival bands from the 40's and 50's. They recorded their first titles on Sture Hallstom's Pirate Records. On a pre Katarina visit to New Orleans a few years ago I found a CD issued on GHB BCD-144 with all their 17 recorded titles. These recordings have stood the test of time. How a bunch of Swedish teenagers aged 17-18 could sound almost as good as the 1953 Delmark recordings of Geo Lewis is beyond me.