[ADMIN] Re: Tommy Ladnier (was re: Hughes Panassie}

    Message 1 of 44 , Jul 1, 2008
      Pardon the list-owner's reminder, but...

      Could you please think of editing your posts so as to remove all unnecessary
      quotes - which in many cases means ALL quotes of previous messages? Some
      contributions have become unreadable (sender's comment lost among too many
      quoted paragraphs), others are a torture for readers who receive daily
      digests and have to skip the same lengthy discussion again and again. This
      is basically a mailing-list, not a forum, and many (most?) susbcribers still
      enjoy receiving every message right into their mailboxes, together with
      their private mail.

      Thanks,

      Patrice
    • Mordechai Litzman
      Message 44 of 44 , Jul 3, 2008
        Growing up in Sweden I met Orjan Kjellin (and Lars Ivar Edegran, p) in 1962 playing in the Imperial Band. This band was modeled on the early American revival bands from the 40's and 50's. They recorded their first titles on Sture Hallstom's Pirate Records. On a pre Katarina visit to New Orleans a few years ago I found a CD issued on GHB BCD-144 with all their 17 recorded titles. These recordings have stood the test of time. How a bunch of Swedish teenagers aged 17-18 could sound almost as good as the 1953 Delmark recordings of Geo Lewis is beyond me.