Re: [RedHotJazz] Re: Clarinet lead -

  • Andrew Homzy
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 25, 2008
      Thanks again John,

      And I'll listen again!

      What I mean by the term clarinet lead is most clear in Miller's
      "Moonlight Serenade" - where the clarinet plays the melody and the
      rest of the saxes play the harmony.

      A great example by Ellington - but arranged by Strayhorn - is "Royal
      Garden Blues" Jimmy Hamilton plays the lead here. RCA 1946.

      Cheers,

      Andrew Homzy, Montréal