Re: [RedHotJazz] Re: Re-creation and all that jazz

  • Mordechai Litzman
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 15, 2008
      Recreation? Re-creation? I vote for both! When it comes to the music we love I always think of this saying: If it ain't got that swing, it ain't got a thing...
      Just as a test I played Maple Leaf Rag from 2/2/42 with Bunk Johnson (his first recordings on American Music CD 41). This is the proof of the legend of getting him new false teeth and an old trumpet and recording him on a portable tape recorder. The recording has very poor sound and Bunk makes a ton of mistakes. Only tp and the tape recorder, but the emotion and feeling is there and it is a beautiful and unusually stirring recording.