Re: [RedHotJazz] King Porter Stomp 1924 Oliver-Morton

  • Rick Zahniser
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 6, 2008
      Mordechai Litzman wrote:
      > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbUDX8BGvN0
      >
      > Classic jazz is alive and well in Brazil....

      Of course, I'm glad to hear that anyone is trying to play Red Hot Jazz,
      but these guys sound really stiff.

      I guess I didn't realize how good we (my band) were until I heard this!!

      "Cathouse Piano" -- as my friend Tom O'Boyle calls it -- takes a loose
      left wrist, and this player doesn't really have it.

      If you listen to the YouTube JellyRoll on the list for this song, you'll
      hear how fluid JR's wrist is!!

      Thanks for the pointer, tho. A good way to start the day!!

      Rick Jolley
      http://coloradonighthawks.com