HGK Jazzband

  • Mike Amato
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 3, 2008
      Hi All,

      I was just listening to the traditional jazz of the HGK Jazzband (from
      the UK) on Youtube. Does anyone on this lst know these chaps? If so,
      please send them a big Yankee "'Atta boy!"

      Mike
      Bedford, PA
      USA
    • Hugh

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 3, 2008
          Mike,

          I agree with your sentiments regarding the HGK Jazzband, but not your facts. The HGK (House, Garden, and Kitchen) Jazzband is from the Netherlands.
          There are, in fact, a whole lot of traditional jazz bands here in Europe. Two of my favourites are the Frog Island Jazz Band from the UK, and the Black & White Stompers from Norway.

          Regards

          Bob Smith

          --
          Jeg bruker gratisversjonen av SPAMfighter for privatbrukere.
          Den har fjernet 4575 søppelpostmeldinger til nå.

        • Mordechai Litzman
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 3, 2008
            Could only find House Garden and Kitchen (HGK)Jazz Band from Holland on YouTube. Is this the band you are referring to?

            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 3, 2008
              Thanks, Bob, for the correction.

              Yes, Mordechai. When I viewed the band on Youtube for the first time, there was a British flag displayed behind them. I mistakenly assumed they were from the UK. I wasn't able to find that particular video again just now, though.

              Mike