Re: Trumpet Around the corner

  • Robert Greenwood
    Message 1 of 2 , May 20, 2008
      --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "fraser540021" <fraser.mccombe@...>
      wrote:

      > I too am reading this new book by Charters's.
      >
      > I am confused by page 88 and the reference to Emile Barnes, the
      > sentence is ungrammatical and or just plain wrong!!

      Fraser

      I think that this sentence in Charters' book has suffered from poor
      proofreading and makes sense only if you remove, or ignore, the
      word "trombonist." My apologies to those subscribers to whom this must
      all be very opaque, but there are one or two typos in Sam Charters'
      Trumpet Around the Corner.

      May I add to those already expressed my fervent hopes for the eventual
      publication of the collected, or even selected, writings of Tony
      Standish? This would make a wonderful book.

      Robert G.