RE: [RedHotJazz] RE: [RedHotJazz ] Old New Orleans was Let me introduce myself

    Message 1 of 11 , May 13, 2008
      'Old Gods almost dead, malign,
      Starving for unpaid dues'

      -- to quote Tony and Graves. Just found a wonderful Standish evocation of
      old N.O. in 'Just Jazz -3' Four Square. 1959.

      Too much to expect expansion at this date but was there ever more published
      contemporarily ?

    • Tony Standish
      Message 2 of 11 , May 14, 2008
        Stacks of photos and jottings have accumulated, apart from the Jazz Journal
        stuff (1959-1963). Am busily collating and printing and wondering what to do
        with it all.
        It's over fifty years ago! How time flies...
        Tony S.

        Message 3 of 11 , May 14, 2008
          Tony

          Great if you could publish. The examples that I have from that period are
          fired, provocative and perceptive.

        • Tony Standish
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 17, 2008
            Thanks, Dave Richoux, for the lowdown on Club Hangover, which has obviously
            changed a bit.
            Oh well, the Two Deuces, Fump and Mannie's, Luthjen's and Burp Hollow have
            gone, too.
            I once checked out "between 18th and 19th down on Chestnut Street". Just
            warehouses, now - or in the mid-90s, anyway.
            Such is life
            Tony Standish