RE: [RedHotJazz ] Old New Orleans was Let me introduce myself

    Message 1 of 11 , May 13, 2008
      Tony. As I read, you got to N.O. in 1957 then ?

      Many moons and I expect you published but a drop before my time.

      Any chance of a glimpse at the treasure you heard ? Most memorable ?

      Thanks

      Message 2 of 11 , May 13, 2008
        'Old Gods almost dead, malign,
        Starving for unpaid dues'

        -- to quote Tony and Graves. Just found a wonderful Standish evocation of
        old N.O. in 'Just Jazz -3' Four Square. 1959.

        Too much to expect expansion at this date but was there ever more published
        contemporarily ?

      • Tony Standish
        Message 3 of 11 , May 14, 2008
          Stacks of photos and jottings have accumulated, apart from the Jazz Journal
          stuff (1959-1963). Am busily collating and printing and wondering what to do
          with it all.
          It's over fifty years ago! How time flies...
          Tony S.

          Message 4 of 11 , May 14, 2008
            Tony

            Great if you could publish. The examples that I have from that period are
            fired, provocative and perceptive.

          • Tony Standish
            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 17, 2008
              Thanks, Dave Richoux, for the lowdown on Club Hangover, which has obviously
              changed a bit.
              Oh well, the Two Deuces, Fump and Mannie's, Luthjen's and Burp Hollow have
              gone, too.
              I once checked out "between 18th and 19th down on Chestnut Street". Just
              warehouses, now - or in the mid-90s, anyway.
              Such is life
              Tony Standish