Re: [RedHotJazz] Jelly Roll and London

    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 25, 2008
      My apologies, Hugh, if you thought my reply impolite. It certainly wasn¹t
      meant to be. Trenchant perhaps, but impolite certainly not. And I thought
      you might like to check up on the myth without me giving the details of it
      further currency in an open forum from where it may be copied to Wikipedia
      as a fact in a trice.

      The London Café was at 31st and State Streets in Chicago, opposite the Mecca
      Flats. Received wisdom is that Jelly¹s title refers to the café.

      Wikipedia are welcome to that.