a noteworthy ebay sale ends today.

  • heckman_michael
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 5, 2008
      A seller named bouchette has about 70 great early jazz 78s for sale.
      What makes it bittersweet is that it's Jeff Healy's collection.
    • Jan Eekhoff
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 8, 2008
        Bittersweet perhaps, but at least "Bouchette" (in fact John Wilby, a
        lifelong friend of Jeff) keeps these records in circulation.
        If we don't want the noble art of 78 collecting to die out completely
        we must make sure that these collections are taken over and continued
        by young enthousiasts and don't end up in crates in the cellars of so
        many institutions, as has happened alas too often........
        By the way, John has just put another batch of several dozen very
        interesting discs on eBay.
        Hans Eekhoff

        --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "heckman_michael"

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 10, 2008
          I wrote that Bouchette is John Wilby, but I meant Colin Bray of
          course. My mistake. However, the same goes for him.
          Hans Eekhoff

          --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "Jan Eekhoff" <jan_eekhoff@...>