Billy Banks

  • ethbert_the_unready
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 30, 2008
      This is my first post. I am more than a little surprised that Billy
      Banks' BUGLE CALL RAG and OH PETER! [Banner 32459/Columbia 35841] are
      not available on the redhotjazz site. These are the best of all the
      blazing hot Rhythmakers's sides, made on 04/18/32. A month later,
      05/23/32, they did a repeat of OH PETER!, with Zutty Singleton
      replacing Gene Krupa. The interplay of Red Allen and Pee Wee Russell on
      OH PETER!, backed by a solid rhythm, is one of the finest examples of
      jamming in all jazz.