Re: [RedHotJazz] Re: Wiggles

  • Wouter MarĂ©chal
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 25, 2008
      Thanks, Mordechai and Randy, for the confirmation of no other prewar recording of Washboard Wiggles other than by Tiny Parham.

      Yes, Randy, Crumb's version is what I had in mind when I was thinking to change the horn setting into a stringband setting with violoin, Hawaiian steel, mandolin and tenor banjo. Crumb beats me to it years ago as it seems, even the use of the Sandvicker Stradivarius which is indeed a musical saw. I thought to hear a Swannee whistle aswell.
      Back on topic, I wonder why the tracks with Sam Theard with Tiny Parham are not listed on Redhotjazz.

      All the best
      Wouter M.