Re: [RedHotJazz] FW: [Dixielandjazz] Bonjour!

    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 6, 2008
      Possibly of wider interest, so:

      The weekly Pariscope, available from any news-stand, is the local list of
      current gigs. It covered traditional jazz when I last knew. Unless foreign
      languages really frighten you, don't be fobbed off with the English edition.

      Jazz Hot is still published and still obtainable from better magazine
      sellers. It had quite good gig lists last time I saw one, but of course they
      cover all types of jazz.

      Jazz Classique, which is devoted to jazz which swings, is I suspect
      obtainable only on subscription. Subscribe (Guy Chauvier, 1847 route de
      Montfort, 27500 Corneville; <http:jazz-classique.free.fr>)!

      Current issue list gigs at Meridien Jazz Club Lionel Hampton, 81 bd Gouvion
      St-Cyr; Le Caveau de la Huchette, 5 rue de la Huchette; Le Petit Journal St.
      Michel 71 bd St Michel; Petit Journal Montparnasse, 13 rue du Com. Moderne;
      and several less regular places.
      The Huchette, which hasn't changed very much since Bechet played there, is a
      must!

      The French magazine Jazz-Dixie/Swing is more narrowly traditional/gypsy than
      Jazz Classique and is primarily aimed at musicians. Published by le Jazz
      Club de France, 189 avenue Fernand Prévost, 27160 Breteuil sur Iton, it has
      gig lists France-wide. It's an essential read for anyone wanting to keep
      abreast of French jazz. It doesn't appear to have any kind of web presence,
      not even an e-mail address. They would know about anyone who is open to
      sitting in.

      The venerable Bulletin du hcf, recently revamped for the 21st century,
      covers festivals but has no gig lists.

      Local knowledge, Patrice?

      on 6/3/08 15:05, Ron L at lherault@... wrote:

      Maybe some of our members can help Katie? See below.

      Ron L

      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 6, 2008
        May I drive your attention on the fact that on OEDIPE.ORG there is a jazz
        discogrpahy goin'on (you have to go into "loisirs" and then "discographie
        jazz". If someone wants to join the eam but all the articles have to be
        written in french.
        OD

        > Local knowledge, Patrice?

        Not much, probably less than you, Howard. I am an ermite now, and my local
        knowledge also moved 100 km south of Paris. I might forward Katie's request
        to several French groups I know, but I think I'll get in touch with her
        first (anonymous jokers around, you know...)

        P.

        on 6/3/08 15:05, Ron L at lherault@... <mailto:lherault%40bu.edu> wrote:

[...]

        <mailto:Dixielandjazz%40ml.islandnet.com>

        howard@... <mailto:howard%40coppermill.demon.co.uk>

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        --

        Olivier Douville

        Directeur de publication de PSYCHOLOGIE CLINIQUE

        22, rue de la Tour d'Auvergne 75009 Paris
        tel : 06 77 69 24 51
        ou
        01 53 20 91 81

        douvilleolivier@...

        liens
        http://www.dunod.com/pages/ouvrages/ficheouvrage.asp?id=49180
        http://www.psycho-ressources.com/olivier-douville.html

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 6, 2008

          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 6, 2008
            Just a note from the States, folks --

            Katie is a knockout guitar player, banjoist and singer... anyone who
            gets to opportunity to see or play with her will be as taken with her
            style as we are out here in California...

            best,

            Dave Stuckey

            --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "Patrice Champarou"
            <patrice.champarou@...> wrote:

            > > Local knowledge, Patrice?
            >
            > Not much, probably less than you, Howard. I am an ermite now, and my
            local
            > knowledge also moved 100 km south of Paris. I might forward Katie's
            request
            > to several French groups I know, but I think I'll get in touch with her
            > first (anonymous jokers around, you know...)
            >
            > P.
            >
            > on 6/3/08 15:05, Ron L at lherault@... wrote:
            >
            > Maybe some of our members can help Katie? See below.
            >
            > Ron L

          • spacelights
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 6, 2008
              Paris Jazz Corner (great record store) may have some more information
              on venues and shows...