FW: [Dixielandjazz] Bonjour!

  • Ron L
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 6, 2008
      Maybe some of our members can help Katie? See below.

      Ron L

      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 6, 2008
        Possibly of wider interest, so:

        The weekly Pariscope, available from any news-stand, is the local list of
        current gigs. It covered traditional jazz when I last knew. Unless foreign
        languages really frighten you, don't be fobbed off with the English edition.

        Jazz Hot is still published and still obtainable from better magazine
        sellers. It had quite good gig lists last time I saw one, but of course they
        cover all types of jazz.

        Jazz Classique, which is devoted to jazz which swings, is I suspect
        obtainable only on subscription. Subscribe (Guy Chauvier, 1847 route de
        Montfort, 27500 Corneville; <http:jazz-classique.free.fr>)!

        Current issue list gigs at Meridien Jazz Club Lionel Hampton, 81 bd Gouvion
        St-Cyr; Le Caveau de la Huchette, 5 rue de la Huchette; Le Petit Journal St.
        Michel 71 bd St Michel; Petit Journal Montparnasse, 13 rue du Com. Moderne;
        and several less regular places.
        The Huchette, which hasn't changed very much since Bechet played there, is a
        must!

        The French magazine Jazz-Dixie/Swing is more narrowly traditional/gypsy than
        Jazz Classique and is primarily aimed at musicians. Published by le Jazz
        Club de France, 189 avenue Fernand Prévost, 27160 Breteuil sur Iton, it has
        gig lists France-wide. It's an essential read for anyone wanting to keep
        abreast of French jazz. It doesn't appear to have any kind of web presence,
        not even an e-mail address. They would know about anyone who is open to
        sitting in.

        The venerable Bulletin du hcf, recently revamped for the 21st century,
        covers festivals but has no gig lists.

        Local knowledge, Patrice?

        on 6/3/08 15:05, Ron L at lherault@... wrote:

        Maybe some of our members can help Katie? See below.

        Ron L

        <mailto:dixielandjazz-bounces%40ml.islandnet.com>

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 6, 2008
          May I drive your attention on the fact that on OEDIPE.ORG there is a jazz
          discogrpahy goin'on (you have to go into "loisirs" and then "discographie
          jazz". If someone wants to join the eam but all the articles have to be
          written in french.
          OD

          > Local knowledge, Patrice?

          Not much, probably less than you, Howard. I am an ermite now, and my local
          knowledge also moved 100 km south of Paris. I might forward Katie's request
          to several French groups I know, but I think I'll get in touch with her
          first (anonymous jokers around, you know...)

          P.

          on 6/3/08 15:05, Ron L at lherault@... <mailto:lherault%40bu.edu> wrote:

[...]

          <mailto:Dixielandjazz%40ml.islandnet.com>

          howard@... <mailto:howard%40coppermill.demon.co.uk>

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          --

          Olivier Douville

          Directeur de publication de PSYCHOLOGIE CLINIQUE

          22, rue de la Tour d'Auvergne 75009 Paris
          tel : 06 77 69 24 51
          ou
          01 53 20 91 81

          douvilleolivier@...

          liens
          http://www.dunod.com/pages/ouvrages/ficheouvrage.asp?id=49180
          http://www.psycho-ressources.com/olivier-douville.html

          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 6, 2008

            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 6, 2008
              Just a note from the States, folks --

              Katie is a knockout guitar player, banjoist and singer... anyone who
              gets to opportunity to see or play with her will be as taken with her
              style as we are out here in California...

              best,

              Dave Stuckey

              --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "Patrice Champarou"
              <patrice.champarou@...> wrote:

              > > Local knowledge, Patrice?
              >
              > Not much, probably less than you, Howard. I am an ermite now, and my
              local
              > knowledge also moved 100 km south of Paris. I might forward Katie's
              request
              > to several French groups I know, but I think I'll get in touch with her
              > first (anonymous jokers around, you know...)
              >
              > P.
              >
              > on 6/3/08 15:05, Ron L at lherault@... wrote:
              >
              > Maybe some of our members can help Katie? See below.
              >
              > Ron L

            • spacelights
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 6, 2008
                Paris Jazz Corner (great record store) may have some more information
                on venues and shows...