jeff healey's death

  • Gerard J. Fitzpatrick
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 4, 2008
      For those list members who have not yet learned of the death of Jeff
      Healey (due to lung cancer), here is the obituary from today's New York
      Times:

      http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/04/arts/music/04healey.html?
      ref=obituaries

      As many of you know, Healey was best known as a blind blues/rock
      guitarist, but he was also a serious fan of traditional jazz (30,000
      78's in his collection), playing with his group called The Jazz Wizards
      (I highly recommend their CD "It's Tight Like That"). He also worked on
      several productions for the Jazz Oracle label (which, thankfully, has
      recently updated its website after a long hiatus). I especially like
      the version of "You're Lucky To Me" that Healey did in collaboration
      with John R.T. Davies & Richard Sudhalter (among others) that appears
      on "A Gift From the President," Jazz Oracle's tribute to Davies.
    • Larry Rowe
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 4, 2008
        RIP Jeff.

        Jeff contribued a lot to music in his 41 years. I used to love listening to his My Kind of Jazz radio program on CBC radio and on line at:

        http://www.jazzfm.com/

        Larry