Re: "My pretty girl"

  • Albert Haim
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 28, 2008
      Hola pibe!

      Just to make certain that we are on the same page, the clarinetist in
      Jean Goldkette's "My Pretty Girl" is Danny Polo. Polo replaced Jimmy
      Dorsey who had replaced Don Murray, the regular cl/sax player for
      Goldkette.

      Saludos,

      Albert
      http://bixbeiderbecke.com

      --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "jpibe_ar" <jpibe_ar@...> wrote:

      > Some days ago I was listening to Bix Beiderbecke, cheking to this
      > wonderful page www.redhotjazzarchives.com, I was deriving to diverse
      > orchestras that Bix integrated in his short life, and ended up at this
      > incredible demonstration(proof) of swing and force that is " My pretty
      > girl " recording of 1927, with Jean Goldkette's orchestra and well,
      > the fact it is that Goldkette's recorded again the year 1958
      > and...Good, there the obvious demonstration(proof) of the difference
      > in the vitality and creativity of the topic. The recording of 1927 is
      > incomparably distant view!!! What power, what soloists, what hot!!! I
      > strongly recomend to all the fans of the jazz they do the comparison
      > and then tell me.The two versions are together in the same page in
      > Red Hot Jazz Arch(Jean Goldkette and his Orchestra). Well, throughout
      > the days and as arise, I will go posting my reflections on the music
      > that inspires my life and fulfils(fills) my feelings... Up the jazz
      > forever!!! PD All solos are wornderfull, Jimmy Dorsey, Joe Venutti,
      > Trum but I am impressed by the bass ...incredible that bass!!!

    • Ron L
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 29, 2008
        Which reminds me, it is JD's birthday today!

        Ron L

        Just to make certain that we are on the same page, the clarinetist in
        Jean Goldkette's "My Pretty Girl" is Danny Polo. Polo replaced Jimmy
        Dorsey who had replaced Don Murray, the regular cl/sax player for
        Goldkette.

        Saludos,

        Albert
        http://bixbeiderbecke.com

        --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "jpibe_ar" <jpibe_ar@...> wrote:

        > Some days ago I was listening to Bix Beiderbecke, cheking to this
        > wonderful page www.redhotjazzarchives.com, I was deriving to diverse
        > orchestras that Bix integrated in his short life, and ended up at this
        > incredible demonstration(proof) of swing and force that is " My pretty
        > girl " recording of 1927, with Jean Goldkette's orchestra and well,
        > the fact it is that Goldkette's recorded again the year 1958
        > and...Good, there the obvious demonstration(proof) of the difference
        > in the vitality and creativity of the topic. The recording of 1927 is
        > incomparably distant view!!! What power, what soloists, what hot!!! I
        > strongly recomend to all the fans of the jazz they do the comparison
        > and then tell me.The two versions are together in the same page in
        > Red Hot Jazz Arch(Jean Goldkette and his Orchestra). Well, throughout
        > the days and as arise, I will go posting my reflections on the music
        > that inspires my life and fulfils(fills) my feelings... Up the jazz
        > forever!!! PD All solos are wornderfull, Jimmy Dorsey, Joe Venutti,
        > Trum but I am impressed by the bass ...incredible that bass!!!

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • juan iacono
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 29, 2008
          It is true, Jimmy was born in a leap year (1904) on february 29´, great musician Jimmy R.I.P.

          Ron L <lherault@...> escribió: Which reminds me, it is JD's birthday today!

          Ron L