"My pretty girl"

  • jpibe_ar
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 28, 2008
      Some days ago I was listening to Bix Beiderbecke, cheking to this
      wonderful page www.redhotjazzarchives.com, I was deriving to diverse
      orchestras that Bix integrated in his short life, and ended up at this
      incredible demonstration(proof) of swing and force that is " My pretty
      girl " recording of 1927, with Jean Goldkette's orchestra and well,
      the fact it is that Goldkette's recorded again the year 1958
      and...Good, there the obvious demonstration(proof) of the difference
      in the vitality and creativity of the topic. The recording of 1927 is
      incomparably distant view!!! What power, what soloists, what hot!!! I
      strongly recomend to all the fans of the jazz they do the comparison
      and then tell me.The two versions are together in the same page in
      Red Hot Jazz Arch(Jean Goldkette and his Orchestra). Well, throughout
      the days and as arise, I will go posting my reflections on the music
      that inspires my life and fulfils(fills) my feelings... Up the jazz
      forever!!! PD All solos are wornderfull, Jimmy Dorsey, Joe Venutti,
      Trum but I am impressed by the bass ...incredible that bass!!!
    • Albert Haim
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 28, 2008
        Hola pibe!

        Just to make certain that we are on the same page, the clarinetist in
        Jean Goldkette's "My Pretty Girl" is Danny Polo. Polo replaced Jimmy
        Dorsey who had replaced Don Murray, the regular cl/sax player for
        Goldkette.

        Saludos,

        Albert
        http://bixbeiderbecke.com

        --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "jpibe_ar" <jpibe_ar@...> wrote:

        > Some days ago I was listening to Bix Beiderbecke, cheking to this
        > wonderful page www.redhotjazzarchives.com, I was deriving to diverse
        > orchestras that Bix integrated in his short life, and ended up at this
        > incredible demonstration(proof) of swing and force that is " My pretty
        > girl " recording of 1927, with Jean Goldkette's orchestra and well,
        > the fact it is that Goldkette's recorded again the year 1958
        > and...Good, there the obvious demonstration(proof) of the difference
        > in the vitality and creativity of the topic. The recording of 1927 is
        > incomparably distant view!!! What power, what soloists, what hot!!! I
        > strongly recomend to all the fans of the jazz they do the comparison
        > and then tell me.The two versions are together in the same page in
        > Red Hot Jazz Arch(Jean Goldkette and his Orchestra). Well, throughout
        > the days and as arise, I will go posting my reflections on the music
        > that inspires my life and fulfils(fills) my feelings... Up the jazz
        > forever!!! PD All solos are wornderfull, Jimmy Dorsey, Joe Venutti,
        > Trum but I am impressed by the bass ...incredible that bass!!!

      • Ron L
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 29, 2008
          Which reminds me, it is JD's birthday today!

          Ron L

          Just to make certain that we are on the same page, the clarinetist in
          Jean Goldkette's "My Pretty Girl" is Danny Polo. Polo replaced Jimmy
          Dorsey who had replaced Don Murray, the regular cl/sax player for
          Goldkette.

          Saludos,

          Albert
          http://bixbeiderbecke.com

          --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "jpibe_ar" <jpibe_ar@...> wrote:

          > Some days ago I was listening to Bix Beiderbecke, cheking to this
          > wonderful page www.redhotjazzarchives.com, I was deriving to diverse
          > orchestras that Bix integrated in his short life, and ended up at this
          > incredible demonstration(proof) of swing and force that is " My pretty
          > girl " recording of 1927, with Jean Goldkette's orchestra and well,
          > the fact it is that Goldkette's recorded again the year 1958
          > and...Good, there the obvious demonstration(proof) of the difference
          > in the vitality and creativity of the topic. The recording of 1927 is
          > incomparably distant view!!! What power, what soloists, what hot!!! I
          > strongly recomend to all the fans of the jazz they do the comparison
          > and then tell me.The two versions are together in the same page in
          > Red Hot Jazz Arch(Jean Goldkette and his Orchestra). Well, throughout
          > the days and as arise, I will go posting my reflections on the music
          > that inspires my life and fulfils(fills) my feelings... Up the jazz
          > forever!!! PD All solos are wornderfull, Jimmy Dorsey, Joe Venutti,
          > Trum but I am impressed by the bass ...incredible that bass!!!

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • juan iacono
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 29, 2008
            It is true, Jimmy was born in a leap year (1904) on february 29´, great musician Jimmy R.I.P.

            Ron L <lherault@...> escribió: Which reminds me, it is JD's birthday today!

            Ron L