Re: youtube

  • conn20k
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 28, 2008
      Please don't forget Italy!

      Look out here:
      <http://it.youtube.com/results?
      search_query=savannah+serenaders&search_type=>

      That is one of the bands I am currently play with.

      All the best,
      Nino

      --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, Mordechai Litzman <folke613@...>
      wrote:

      > I have the same experience as you, and oftentimes I find very good
      contemporary bands that I never heard of before, as well as great
      films of old bands.
      In the past I would list the links to videos that I thought would be
      of interest to the group.
      There are great bands that play authentic 20s jazz in countries like
      England, Brazil, Holland, Sweden, Denmark, Germany, Moldavia, Canada,
      Argentina etc, and I found it a lot of fun to find them.

      alot of great videos from the 20's and 30's you can search music,
      dance, charleston, flappers...and on and on it is a good site to
      see the old bands but also the new trad bands I still visit it
      once or twice a week and theres always new bands added

    • Mordechai Litzman
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 28, 2008
        Of course Italy has several fine bands; I did not mean to be all inclusive in my listing of countries. However, the list shows that perhaps there is a greater interest in 20's jazz outside of the US at the present time, although there are a number of fine bands in the US.

        wrote:

        > I have the same experience as you, and oftentimes I find very good

        contemporary bands that I never heard of before, as well as great

        films of old bands.

        In the past I would list the links to videos that I thought would be

        of interest to the group.

        There are great bands that play authentic 20s jazz in countries like

        England, Brazil, Holland, Sweden, Denmark, Germany, Moldavia, Canada,

        Argentina etc, and I found it a lot of fun to find them.

        <!--

        #ygrp-mkp{
        #ygrp-mkp hr{
        border:1px solid #d8d8d8;}
        #ygrp-mkp #hd{
        #ygrp-mkp #ads{
        margin-bottom:10px;}
        #ygrp-mkp .ad{
        padding:0 0;}
        #ygrp-mkp .ad a{
        color:#0000ff;text-decoration:none;}
        -->

        <!--

        #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc{
        font-family:Arial;}
        #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc #hd{
        #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc .ad{
        margin-bottom:10px;padding:0 0;}
        -->

        <!--

        #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}
        #ygrp-text{
        font-family:Georgia;
        }
        #ygrp-text p{
        margin:0 0 1em 0;}
        #ygrp-tpmsgs{
        font-family:Arial;
        clear:both;}
        #ygrp-vitnav{
        #ygrp-vitnav a{
        padding:0 1px;}
        #ygrp-actbar{
        #ygrp-actbar .left{
        float:left;white-space:nowrap;}
        .bld{font-weight:bold;}
        #ygrp-grft{
        #ygrp-ft{
        padding:5px 0;
        }
        #ygrp-mlmsg #logo{
        padding-bottom:10px;}

        #ygrp-vital{
        #ygrp-vital #vithd{
        #ygrp-vital ul{
        padding:0;margin:2px 0;}
        #ygrp-vital ul li{
        }
        #ygrp-vital ul li .ct{
        #ygrp-vital ul li .cat{
        font-weight:bold;}
        #ygrp-vital a{
        text-decoration:none;}

        #ygrp-vital a:hover{
        text-decoration:underline;}

        #ygrp-sponsor #hd{
        color:#999;font-size:77%;}
        #ygrp-sponsor #ov{
        #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{
        padding:0 0 0 8px;margin:0;}
        #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{
        #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{
        text-decoration:none;font-size:130%;}
        #ygrp-sponsor #nc{
        #ygrp-sponsor .ad{
        padding:8px 0;}
        #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{
        #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{
        text-decoration:none;}
        #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{
        text-decoration:underline;}
        #ygrp-sponsor .ad p{
        margin:0;}
        o{font-size:0;}
        .MsoNormal{
        margin:0 0 0 0;}
        #ygrp-text tt{
        font-size:120%;}
        blockquote{margin:0 0 0 4px;}
        .replbq{margin:4;}
        -->

      • pgronemeier
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 29, 2008
          Hey Patrice

          Not to start something but will{would}{can} if we post youtube videos
          they are interesting but there are many its up to you
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 29, 2008