youtube

  • pgronemeier
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 27, 2008
      I've spent several days exploring youtube.com and actually it has alot
      of great videos from the 20's and 30's you can search music, dance,
      charleston, flappers...and on and on it is a good site to see the old
      bands but also the new trad bands I still visit it once or twice a
      week and theres always new bands added
    • Mordechai Litzman
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 27, 2008
        I have the same experience as you, and oftentimes I find very good contemporary bands that I never heard of before, as well as great films of old bands. In the past I would list the links to videos that I thought would be of interest to the group. However, there was very little feedback and did not seem to be much interest, so I stopped.
        Personally, I would be interested in getting links to interesting videos. Some collectors simply play their old 78s and there are recordings on Youtube that are not available on the the Redhotjazz site. There are great bands that play authentic 20s jazz in countries like England, Brazil, Holland, Sweden, Denmark, Germany, Moldavia, Canada, Argentina etc, and I found it a lot of fun to find them.

        I've spent several days exploring youtube.com and actually it has alot

        of great videos from the 20's and 30's you can search music, dance,

        charleston, flappers...and on and on it is a good site to see the old

        bands but also the new trad bands I still visit it once or twice a

        week and theres always new bands added

        <!--

        #ygrp-mkp{
        #ygrp-mkp hr{
        border:1px solid #d8d8d8;}
        #ygrp-mkp #hd{
        #ygrp-mkp #ads{
        margin-bottom:10px;}
        #ygrp-mkp .ad{
        padding:0 0;}
        #ygrp-mkp .ad a{
        color:#0000ff;text-decoration:none;}
        -->

        <!--

        #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc{
        font-family:Arial;}
        #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc #hd{
        #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc .ad{
        margin-bottom:10px;padding:0 0;}
        -->

        <!--

        #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}
        #ygrp-text{
        font-family:Georgia;
        }
        #ygrp-text p{
        margin:0 0 1em 0;}
        #ygrp-tpmsgs{
        font-family:Arial;
        clear:both;}
        #ygrp-vitnav{
        #ygrp-vitnav a{
        padding:0 1px;}
        #ygrp-actbar{
        #ygrp-actbar .left{
        float:left;white-space:nowrap;}
        .bld{font-weight:bold;}
        #ygrp-grft{
        #ygrp-ft{
        padding:5px 0;
        }
        #ygrp-mlmsg #logo{
        padding-bottom:10px;}

        #ygrp-vital{
        #ygrp-vital #vithd{
        #ygrp-vital ul{
        padding:0;margin:2px 0;}
        #ygrp-vital ul li{
        }
        #ygrp-vital ul li .ct{
        #ygrp-vital ul li .cat{
        font-weight:bold;}
        #ygrp-vital a{
        text-decoration:none;}

        #ygrp-vital a:hover{
        text-decoration:underline;}

        #ygrp-sponsor #hd{
        color:#999;font-size:77%;}
        #ygrp-sponsor #ov{
        #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{
        padding:0 0 0 8px;margin:0;}
        #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{
        #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{
        text-decoration:none;font-size:130%;}
        #ygrp-sponsor #nc{
        #ygrp-sponsor .ad{
        padding:8px 0;}
        #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{
        #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{
        text-decoration:none;}
        #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{
        text-decoration:underline;}
        #ygrp-sponsor .ad p{
        margin:0;}
        o{font-size:0;}
        .MsoNormal{
        margin:0 0 0 0;}
        #ygrp-text tt{
        font-size:120%;}
        blockquote{margin:0 0 0 4px;}
        .replbq{margin:4;}
        -->

      • conn20k
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 28, 2008
          Please don't forget Italy!

          Look out here:
          <http://it.youtube.com/results?
          search_query=savannah+serenaders&search_type=>

          That is one of the bands I am currently play with.

          All the best,
          Nino

          --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, Mordechai Litzman <folke613@...>

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 28, 2008
            Of course Italy has several fine bands; I did not mean to be all inclusive in my listing of countries. However, the list shows that perhaps there is a greater interest in 20's jazz outside of the US at the present time, although there are a number of fine bands in the US.

            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 29, 2008
              Hey Patrice

              Not to start something but will{would}{can} if we post youtube videos
              they are interesting but there are many its up to you
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 29, 2008
                From: "pgronemeier"

                > Hey Patrice
                >
                > Not to start something but will{would}{can} if we post youtube videos
                > they are interesting but there are many its up to you

                Hi Paul

                I'm not sure I got your words 5/5, but I suppose I get the meaning ;-)

                Don't worry, you'll hear me shout on time. I suppose everyone is aware that
                there are plenty of footages on youtube worth mentioning, I just trust you
                not to overdo it. A nearly 600 members group (13 more and we've reached
                that!) could as well be flooded with several topics at a time, some of which
                would not necessarily raise everyone's interest. It is not the case, and I
                suppose subscribers know what they're doing (except maybe the last one, who
                broke the record by leaving after 12 hours!)