"Becoming of Jazz"

  • jimmiejazz37
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 14, 2008
      This is the title of a study of early jazz by a Swiss researcher named
      Arnold Bopp. It was apparently issued in a series of open reel tapes.
      Anyone care to comment on it?

      I got the reference from "Lost Chords", page 105.

      Thanks.

      Jim Baldwin
    • rwondraschek
      Message 2 of 2 , May 7, 2010
        Jim,

        Alas I do not have the "Becoming Of Jazz" (4 Open Reel Tapes) by Arnold Bopp, but about 50 other ORTs of his "Rare Jazz On Tape" - issues.
        I can say that sound quality is really excellent - no tampering at all, sounding just (and almost indistinguishable from) the original 78s - as it should be done!
        I could provide you with the exact track listing of those 4 ORTs ("Becoming Of Jazz"), if you are interested.

        Ralph, Heidelberg, Germany