Re: [RedHotJazz] Re: Wanted: Two Recordings with Annette Hanshaw

  • Dan Van Landingham
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 9, 2008
      You're right.It was Irene Taylor.The copy I had was an original issue.I don't know if it's still with me as my sister in law sold off my part of my nearly 40 year old record collection.The
      copy I had was given to me by a close friend.My sister in law Flora sold off a good deal of
      my record collection,1500 albums for $100.What they sold out of the trailer I was living in
      went back 40 years.I was infuriated with her;all of this happened in 2003 when I came back
      to my hometown here in North Bend,Oregon.

      Albert Haim <alberthaim@...> wrote:
      Hello Dan,

      The vocalist in Whiteman's "Mississippi Mud" was Irene Taylor, who had
      the distinction of being the first female vocalist hired by Whiteman
      in a recording. Irene Taylor also made recordings with Seger Ellis and
      His Choir of Brass Orchestra. Seger Ellis was Irene Taylor's husband.

      Albert

      --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, Dan Van Landingham
      <danvanlandingham@...> wrote:

      > I had "If I Had a Talking Picture of You" and "I'm a Dreamer(Aren't
      We All)' on an OKeh 80
      > rpm(black label popular series)by Seger Ellis.The probable
      personnel(via Columbia's "Th-
      > esaurus of Classic Jazz from 1962)included Tommy
      Dorsey,trombone;Stan King,drums;
      > Frank Signorelli,piano;Eddie Lang,guitar;Fuzzy
      Farrar,trumpet;Frank Signorelli,piano;Al