James P. Johnson & Walter Farrington

  • Marco Romano
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 24, 2008
      Hello to the group.

      I've just checked out Dr. Pinsker's essay about the ragtime pianist and
      composer James P. Johnson. There is a lot of new reading about him and
      his WWI draft card.

      http://www.doctorjazz.co.uk/updates.html

      Also, Mr. Goggin has updated his essay about the St. Louis ragtime
      pianist Walter Farrington. Tom Turpin and Market street are mentioned.
      Jelly Roll Morton is written about as well. Thank you.

      Marco Romano.