Keith Smith

  • Robert Greenwood
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 12, 2008
      Someone told me the other night that the British trumpeter Keith Smith has died. I've no
      further details. In the 1960s Smith toured Europe with The New Orleans All-Stars, a band that
      included Alvin Alcorn, Darnell Howard, Jimmy Archey, Alton Purnell, Pops Foster, and Cie
      Frasier. Some band!
      Robert Greenwood
    • Mark Harwood
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 25, 2008
        --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Greenwood"
        <robertgreenwood_54uk@...> wrote:

        > Someone told me the other night that the British trumpeter Keith
        Smith has died. I've no
        > further details. In the 1960s Smith toured Europe with The New
        Orleans All-Stars, a band that
        > included Alvin Alcorn, Darnell Howard, Jimmy Archey, Alton Purnell,
        Pops Foster, and Cie
        > Frasier. Some band!
        > Robert Greenwood

        Some band, and some music too, Robert. His recordings with those chaps
        in New Orleans in 1965 and in New York in 1966 show that he had the
        spirit of good pre-war jazz.
        Condolences to his family and friends.
        MH