Re: [RedHotJazz] Potato Head Blues

  • Wouter Maréchal
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 2, 2008
      Hi Hugh

      I would play:
      verse
      F/F° F F F7
      Bb/D7 Gm/D7 Gm G7 C7
      F/F° F F F7 __,
      Bb G7 C G7 C/C7
      chorus
      F E7 Gm7 C7 F7 F7 Bb/D7 Gm
      Gm (C7) D7 - G7 - C7 -
      - - - - - - - -
      Bb B° F D7 G7 C7 F -

      according to Beaudouin.

      All the best to all.

      Wouter M.

    • Hugh
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 3, 2008
        Many thanks. I think you have an extra bar of F in the verse. Otherwise this is one of the variants that is played. I will have a further close listen to the track and get back to you, ignoring for the time being the E7 (or Fdim) in the chorus.

        Hugh

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 3, 2008
          Hello Hugh, me and a screaming seven week old baby are on the case with this one!

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 3, 2008
            OK, well I suppose the screaming might heighten aural acuity.

            I look forward to hearing from you.

            Hugh