Re: [RedHotJazz] First Post

  • Dan Van Landingham
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 16, 2007
      Welcome aboard.Since you're from Scotland,can you tell me more about trombonist George
      Chisolm?I had an old British Decca album of his some twenty five years ago.What I have of
      him now is on CD.The CD has recordings from the mid to late thirties and features Chisolm.
      The British Decca album I have was recorded in 1956.

      Lesandmegjay@... wrote:
      Hello I'm Lesjay and for the past week or so since joining I've been lurking
      so that I could get a feel for what the site is all about. I have found much
      of interest in the contributions that I've seen. Everything from quite
      technical items regarding recording methods to discussion and queries about recording
      artists. My interest cover all aspects of popular music that was recorded from
      around 1920 through to the late 1950s. I was born in Edinburgh, Scotland and
      in the early 1940s was a founder member of the Edinburgh Rhythm Club. As such
      I was lucky enough to meet and become friends with many of the musicians who
      visited the city for concert and dance dates with name bands of the day. I'm
      happy to say that some of these guys are still active today and I keep in touch
      via email. I emigrated to Australia in 1956 and, now retired, I spend most
      of my time with the vast record, tape, cassette and CD collection that I've
      accumulated over the years. Now that you all know who I am may I finish with a
      question. Recently I heard on a local community radio program a recording by
      Muggsy Spanier's Dixielanders of "Moonglow". The item features an interesting
      girl singer doing the vocal which is unusual for a Spanier recording. Can
      anybody tell me, "Who is the girl singer? "
      Wishing all members the very best for the festive season, Sincerely, Lesjay.