Chick Webb on film

  • drdee51@verizon.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 14, 2007
      Hello folks. As I am sure most of you know, The Chick Webb Orchestra appeared in a film in 1929 backing up a "dance contest" hosted by a White eccentric dancer who was obligated to wear blackface. The band plays a boiling version of "Sweet Sue". Does anyone know the name of the VHS package this film is available on? Also, if you know, do you also know where it is available?

      Thank you.
    • Tommer
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 14, 2007
        --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, <drdee51@...> wrote:

        > Hello folks. As I am sure most of you know, The Chick Webb
        Orchestra appeared in a film in 1929 backing up a "dance contest"
        hosted by a White eccentric dancer who was obligated to wear
        blackface. The band plays a boiling version of "Sweet Sue". Does
        anyone know the name of the VHS package this film is available on?
        Also, if you know, do you also know where it is available?

        > Thank you.

        Maybe the following: http://www.savoystyle.com/after_seben.html

        tommer