Website update - 5 articles of major historical interest

  • Marco Romano
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 13, 2007
      I just received the following news from Mike Meddings -- some great
      reading and information is here.

      Marco Romano

      The website has been updated with the following 5 articles of major
      historical interest:

      Peter Hanley sends an in-depth article and "Postscript" for Mabel
      Bertrand's : Ancestry and Chronology. This painstakingly researched
      article contains much previously unknown detailed information, with
      contributions by Prof. Lawrence Gushee.

      Brian Goggin sends an excellent essay on Walter Farrington. This is
      the St. Louis ragtime pianist who Jelly Roll mentions on the Library
      of Congress recordings -- a great piece of not-to-be-missed research
      here, with contributions from David de Clue. This accompanies
      Farrington's WWI draft registration card.

      Ida Melrose Shoufler sends a rare photograph of her mother, Frances
      Melrose. Courtesy of Bud Jacobson's daughter, Marie.

      "Barrel House Rag" composed by Fate Marable and Clarence Williams in
      1916 : MIDI arranged by Luigi Ranalli. This is at the head of
      the "Story of Fate Marable" : Legendary St. Louis Pianist page.

      Brian Goggin sends an obituary notice for Ferdinand Morton from The
      New York Times, dated Saturday, 12th July 1941.

      The above items can be accessed from the gray RECENTLY UPDATED
      ARTICLES BOX at:

      http://www.doctorjazz.co.uk/

      Coming soon --- in-depth essays by top-class researchers, accompanied
      by WWI draft cards of Harvey McKinley Lankford, Minor Hall, Tommy
      Ladnier, Robert Hampton, Andrew Hilaire, Fate Marable, Buddie Petit
      (Joseph Crawford), Johnny Dunn, Paul J. Wyer (Pensacola Kid), Ezra C.
      A. Wickemeyer and many others.

      I'd like to take this opportunity to wish all of my readers "Happy
      Holidays" --- catch you in 2008.

      Musically yours

      Mike