Re: [RedHotJazz] redhotjazz.com

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 9, 2007
      My reply, before we get more messages about this (and sorry about those
      repeating the same thing which I failed to "approve" ) : yes, the server
      delivering realaudio files for the RHJ archives is down again - in fact, it
      hardly worked more than a couple of days after the previous breakdown.
      After the usual reminders : a) No-one from this list except Scott can fix
      this, so it would be better to warn him directly, b) It happens so often
      that it is never a good idea to fiddle with your computer's settings in the
      first place (I get frequent requests about this off-list, and always make
      the same reply) and c) It is not really useful to send messages to this
      group just saying "it doesn't not work for me either" once we know there
      *is* a problem... I am requesting the honorable members' opinion about one
      thing I cannot solve : how do we, as a mailing-list, handle this? Is there
      anyone here who regularly checks the website's functions and warns Scott
      every time there is a problem? Albert? If so, I think it would be better to
      make an announcement to the group (just a way of saying : no need for
      further reports until things are setlled). If not, I don't mind watching,
      but I just need to know.