redhotjazz.com

  • cayfi1927
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 9, 2007
      I have regularly used the tracks in redhotjazz.com as smples for my own
      jazz band-mostly on King Oliver and Louis Armstrong using Real\Player.
      A day or so ago I could\not access any of these tracks - Real\Player
      was suspect so this was unstalled and Media Player Classic installed.
      Now I still \cannot access any Redhotjazz.com track but I can play
      other Real Player tracks from other sites.
      Can anybody advise me if redhotjazz.com and Real\Player are off site or
      have you any similar experience to help correct.

      sincerely

      cayfi1927
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 9, 2007
        My reply, before we get more messages about this (and sorry about those
        repeating the same thing which I failed to "approve" ) : yes, the server
        delivering realaudio files for the RHJ archives is down again - in fact, it
        hardly worked more than a couple of days after the previous breakdown.
        After the usual reminders : a) No-one from this list except Scott can fix
        this, so it would be better to warn him directly, b) It happens so often
        that it is never a good idea to fiddle with your computer's settings in the
        first place (I get frequent requests about this off-list, and always make
        the same reply) and c) It is not really useful to send messages to this
        group just saying "it doesn't not work for me either" once we know there
        *is* a problem... I am requesting the honorable members' opinion about one
        thing I cannot solve : how do we, as a mailing-list, handle this? Is there
        anyone here who regularly checks the website's functions and warns Scott
        every time there is a problem? Albert? If so, I think it would be better to
        make an announcement to the group (just a way of saying : no need for
        further reports until things are setlled). If not, I don't mind watching,
        but I just need to know.