Re: Old Fashioned Love / Benny Goodman

  • jaykay_4444
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 3, 2007
      You are probably referring to the May 9, 1939 recording at the CBS
      Studios in St. Louis, with Goodman, Stacy(p),Hampton(vb), Bernstein
      (b), and George Rose(eg), in a group billed as "The New Benny Goodman
      Quintet."

      --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, Agustin Perez Gasco
      <ekebbbapg@...> wrote:

      > I haven't got my discographical sources here, but that may be the
      Camel Caravan Broadcast (1939), included in "Benny Goodman - Class
      of '39" (Collector's Choice CD).

      > Collective personnel for that disc is:
      >
      > Benny Goodman (clarinet); Lionel Hampton (vibraphone, drums);
      Teddy Wilson, Jess Stacy, Fletcher Henderson (piano); Charlie
      Christian, Leonard Ware, George Rose (guitar); Al Hall, Artie
      Bernstein (bass); Gene Krupa, Buddy Schutz, Nick Fatool (drums).

      > Best regards,
      > Agustín
      >
      > Alexandre Litwak <litwakalex2000@...> wrote:
      > Hello,
      >
      > I've got a record of Benny Goodman playing "Old Fashioned Love".
      It's a small combo and I think it was with Charlie Christan (elec
      guitar) Teddy Wilson (pn) and Lionel Hampton (vib) but I don't know
      who play the bass (jhon kirby ? ) and when it was recorded ..