Mike Meddings website updated

  • Marco Romano
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 26, 2007
      Hello.

      I just checked out Mike Meddings website and it has been updated with
      the following 5 articles of great historical interest:

      Howard Rye sends an in-depth essay on Hurley William Diemer. This
      accompanies Diemer's WWI draft registration card, and includes much
      detailed and new information. Both Jelly Roll and J. Lawrence Cook
      are mentioned.

      Brian Goggin sends sends an excellent essay on James Andrew Rushing.
      This accompanies Rushing's WWI draft registration card, and includes
      a text transcription of an TV interview, where Rushing talks about
      Jelly Roll Morton.

      Brian Goggin sends an interesting article titled, "Historic Corner"
      by Roy Carew, which was published in the Jazz Forum magazine, dated
      April 1947.

      Prof. Brian Dolan and Prof. Alan Wallace send a "Professional Piano
      Pointers" article by J. Lawrence Cook from the International
      Musician, dated November 1942.

      Prof. Brian Dolan and Prof. Alan Wallace send a "Professional Piano
      Pointers" article by J. Lawrence Cook from the International
      Musician, dated January 1943.

      The above items can be accessed from the grey UPDATED BOX at:

      http://www.doctorjazz.co.uk/

      Mike tells us that coming soon --- in-depth essays by my team of top-
      class international researchers, accompanied by WWI draft cards of
      James P. Johnson, Robert Hampton, Andrew Hilaire, Fate Marable,
      Buddie Petit (Joseph Crawford), Johnny Dunn, Paul J. Wyer (Pensacola
      Kid), Ezra C. A. Wickemeyer and many others.

      Marco Romano.