RE: [RedHotJazz] Some invective

  • Uslan, Eytan
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 16, 2005
      >I once ran into a real snob of classical
      music, who disdained all jazz, but for some reason loved all Duke
      Ellington, even his "Jungle Band" era recordings (which are my favs of
      Duke Ellington, such as "Jungle Nights in Harlem" on Victor -- love
      its "ethereal" sound.) So, go figure.

      Does he deride every type of jazz he didn't like, calling it "fake jazz?' If so, he'd be a great jazz historian! :-)