AW: [RedHotJazz] Checking In

  • Rader, Michael
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 23, 2004
      Patrice,

      I'm afraid you're right about low activity and few members. The group moderator is someone called Bryan Wright: bswrig@.... I used to post regularly to the group but unfortunately don't have the time to stimulate discussion. Much the same seems to apply to some of the other guys on that list and it does certainly need stimulation from time to time.

      If you like, I can post to the list to see what's happening and if Bryan is still around. It might at some point be a good idea to consider merging the lists if both have few members, but that's jumping ahead. My impression is that many of the members of the "Hot Jazz" community have a focus on Hot Dance rather than "le hot" in the French sense, so there was something behind my asking whether the "Red" was meant to imply a difference.

      The founding of this new group prompted me to look at what else there is in existence (at least in Yahoo) and I discovered another group called "Hot Jazz Guild", which has more members and more recent postings. I would very much like to participate in discussions with like-minded people and would prefer to do so in one place without needing to wade through many postings that don't really interest me (like on DJML or 78-l, which have a lot of traffic).

      Best wishes,

      Michael

      -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----