KC Blues and jazz composer Billie Brown - 1921

  • sirjasperaddleton
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 7, 2007
      I've written an article on this amazing young woman who
      published "Dangerous Blues" and "Lonesome Mama Blues" in 1921. Tunes
      were recorded by ODJB and Eubie Blake, among others. Wondering if
      anyone in this group may have any information on her.
    • Bob Eagle

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 7, 2007
          Yes, that's me mentioned in the article. I provided the information
          to Parlor Songs. Thanks!

          --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, Bob Eagle <prof_hi_jinx@...>
          wrote:

          > see this: http://www.parlorsongs.com/issues/2007-
          4/thismonth/feature.asp

          > Bob
          >
          > sirjasperaddleton <jadkc@...> wrote:
          > I've written an article on this amazing young woman who
          > published "Dangerous Blues" and "Lonesome Mama Blues" in 1921.
          Tunes
          > were recorded by ODJB and Eubie Blake, among others. Wondering if
          > anyone in this group may have any information on her.

        • Prof_Hi_Jinx
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 12, 2007
            I realised it was you after posting the response.

            Interestingly I cannot locate Billie or her parents in the Census except that I believe I have found her parents in 1900, before Billie's birth. Some people were truly elusive.

            Bob