Benny Goodman recording of "Baby" with Ben Pollack

  • davidapolloni
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 5, 2007
      I'm looking for this recording--I think it was made in 1928. I recorded it on tape cassette off
      of Bill Fraize's jazz radio show here in Minneapolis over twenty-five years ago, but I haven't
      been able to find it on a CD (or anywhere else).

      Thanks in advance,

      Dave
    • hvandervink
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 5, 2007
        Hi Dave,

        You can find it in the Jazz Oracle catalogue under Ben Pollack, Volume
        1. It was recorded on November 17,1928. Go to http://www.jazzoracle.com
        <http://www.jazzoracle.com> .

        Cheers, Hans

        --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "davidapolloni" <dapolloni@...>
        wrote:

        > I'm looking for this recording--I think it was made in 1928. I
        recorded it on tape cassette off
        > of Bill Fraize's jazz radio show here in Minneapolis over twenty-five
        years ago, but I haven't
        > been able to find it on a CD (or anywhere else).
        >
        > Thanks in advance,
        >
        > Dave

      • davidapolloni
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 5, 2007
          Thanks, Hans. I guess I never looked at that obvious place. I looked for it on Scott's
          website, and thought I must have gotten some of the details of the recording wrong.

          Best regards,
          Dave