RE: [RedHotJazz] Re: Louis Armstrong later recordings

    Message 1 of 20 , Nov 5, 2007
      Howard

      I've got the Louis/Gabriele on behind me and right, only Louis could have
      carried this off. His opening trumpet paraphrase of the --- actually rather
      nice --- tune is profound and his vocal line and obligato and scatting with
      Gabrielle are beautiful.

      Poisonous moppet is a little unjustified, she sings it straight and in tune
      without over emoting.

      Not mentioned yet and recommended 'Plays King Oliver' and 'Louis & The Good
      Book' albums.

      Message 2 of 20 , Nov 5, 2007
        To which I can only say:

        "Have you seen her?"